At the beginning of Genesis (the first book in the Bible) it tells us how God created the heavens and earth and everything within. This includes how God created humans. Genesis 1:1-23 talks about how God created the earth, animals and plants but we’ll start at verse 24 when God created Humans
'Then God said, “Let the earth produce every sort of animal, each producing offspring of the same kind—livestock, small animals that scurry along the ground, and wild animals.” And that is what happened. God made all sorts of wild animals, livestock, and small animals, each able to produce offspring of the same kind. And God saw that it was good. Then God said, “Let us make human beings in our image, to be like us. They will reign over the fish in the sea, the birds in the sky, the livestock, all the wild animals on the earth, and the small animals that scurry along the ground.”
So God created human beings in his own image. In the image of God, he created them; male and female he created them. Then God blessed them and said, “Be fruitful and multiply. Fill the earth and govern it. Reign over the fish in the sea, the birds in the sky, and all the animals that scurry along the ground.” Then God said, “Look! I have given you every seed-bearing plant throughout the earth and all the fruit trees for your food. And I have given every green plant as food for all the wild animals, the birds in the sky, and the small animals that scurry along the ground—everything that has life.” And that is what happened. Then God looked over all he had made, and he saw that it was very good! And evening passed and morning came, marking the sixth day.'
1. When you think about the word 'image', What does that mean to you?
2. If we are made in Gods image the first thing we need to understand is what is the image of God. So what do you think Gods like?
3. So what do you think us being made in Gods image means?
4. If you think about you’re your school uniform, when you wear it you represent your school and what it stands for. Do you think that your image represents God and what he stands for?
o So what does that look like?
5. Now that you know that, how does that change the way you live?
o What would your 5 closest friends say about God, based on the image you portray?
- How does this apply to my life?
- What am I going to do this week?