At this stage God had created Adam and the Garden of Eden for him to live in. God soon noticed that it wasn’t good for him to be alone so he created a woman named Eve. In this next passage we see how God created a partner for Adam.
So the Lord God formed from the ground all the wild animals and all the birds of the sky. He brought them to the man to see what he would call them, and the man chose a name for each one. He gave names to all the livestock, all the birds of the sky, and all the wild animals. But still there was no helper just right for him.
So, the Lord God caused the man to fall into a deep sleep. While the man slept, the Lord God took out one of the man’s ribs and closed the opening. Then the Lord God made a woman from the rib, and he brought her to the man. “At last!” the man exclaimed. “This one is bone from my bone, and flesh from my flesh! She will be called ‘woman,’ because she was taken from ‘man.’” This explains why a man leaves his father and mother and is joined to his wife, and the two are united into one. Now the man and his wife were both naked, but they felt no shame. Then the Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper who is just right for him.”
1. In the scripture we see that God thought it was not good for Adam to be alone. Why do you think it was important for Adam to not be alone?
2. This shows us that relationship is Gods idea. What do you think God designed relationships to be like?
o How does that compare to what we see around us today?
3. Why do you think God waited to create Eve instead of creating them at the same time?
(Note for leader: discuss around God establishing his relationship with Adam before Adam was ready for eve, importance of being the right person first)
4. For your relationship with others, why is it import to prioritize your relationship with God?
o How does your relationship with God effect your relationship with others?
- How does this apply to my life?
- What am I going to do this week?